directie

Life is more than living









Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tony Parsons-Man and Boy -fragmente

-nasterea copilului-
We don’t really talk about magic.But we can feel it all around.

-conflictul interior al sotului -

How we had got to a place where we threated each other with lawyers. How two people who had been so close could become a divorce-cliché. Was it really all my fault? Or was it just random bad luck, like getting hit by a car or catching cancer? If we had love each other so much, then why hadn’t it lasted ? Was it really impossible for two people to stay together forever in the lousy modern world? I really wanted to know but I couldn’t ask Gina any of that stuff. We were on opposite sides of the world.

Splitting up makes children hide their hearts. It teaches them how to move between separate worlds. It turns them all into little diplomats.

Pat (their baby) didn’t look like me. And he did’t look like Gina (his ex-wife).He looked like both of us. Even if we had ever wanted to, we could’t escape his mother. She was there in his smile and in the colour of his eyes. I was stuck with Gina’s ghost.

-parerea copilului-
My Mummy still loves me, but now she only likes my dad.

-gandurile tatalui lui Harry

This generation had grown up with their own individual little pile of happiness at the top of their shopping list. That’s why they fucked around, fucked off and fucked up with such alarming regularity. This generation wants perfect lives.

-explicatile (viitoarei foste) sotii

-Of course, I love you stupid bastard but I am not in love with you. It means that I’m glad for the years we spent together. It means you’re no longer the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.One day you’ll meet someone you really like.Someone you really love and that’s when you leave me.That’s the way it works.

-aparitia femeii - (viitoarei sotii)

Tears come from my eyes. My child is in hospital

(….) -We’re not married, I said
-I’m just a friend, she said.

She was the only thing keeping me from falling apart..

-parerea lui Harry cu privire la ea

I like you because you are strong but you’re not hard. I like the way you entire face lights up when you smile.I like your eyes. I like the way you know how to talk to a four-year-old kid. I like the way you were there when I needed someone. Evreyone just stood and stared. You were kind and you didn’t have to be kind.

-copilul dupa prima zi de scoala

The teachers have all got the first name. They’re all called Miss.

-prima intalnire-gandurile lui Harry

When you are deep into a relantionship that you expect to last forever it never crosses your mind that one day you will be taking your third shower of the day and getting ready to go out on a date.

-moartea tatalui lui Harry

There was lots that could be done, but there was nothing that could be done. My father was dying.

-parerea ei

I want someone who is going to rub my feet when I get old and tell me he love me even when I can’t remember where I put my keys.

-depresia

He was a brave man, but he couldn’t fight this sadness which came in the middle of the night, this sadness which made him feel nothing could ever be any good again.

-ganduri despre femei si barbati

Men died younger than women.
Men catch cancer more often than women
Men commit suicide with greater frequency than women.
Men are more likely to be unemployed than women.
But for some reason, women are considered the victims.

-discursul mamei lui Harry cu privire la casnicie

It worked between us because we made it work. Because we wanted to work. Because even when we didn’t have money, even when we couldn’t have a baby- we didn’t throw in the towel.You have to fight for your happy ending. It doesn’t just drop in your lap. I think you have got a lot of fight Harry but you beat yourself up sometimes.You have to fight different battles nd not expect anyone to pin a medd on your chest.

-Dupa moartea tatalui-discutie intre Harry si mama sa. -

-How do you manage to carry on after losing Dad?
- You can’t get over it. You can never get over it. I miss him. I’m lonely.Sometimes I am frightened. But you have to learn to let go. That’s part of it, isn’t it?
- Part of what?
-Part of what it means to love someone. To really love someone. If you really love someone then you will know to let go.

Dupa moartea tatalui- gandurile lui Harry

It’s like he’s still there. I can’t explain it. Even though it’s gone, I feel him all around me. There’s just this big gap eher he used to be. It’s like his absence is as strong as his presence.


O carte exceptionala.

No comments: